1) Group the playing cards by number (all aces together, twos, threes, etc.)
2) Based on the number of students in class, gather enough cards for each student to have one. If there are 20 students, take 5 sets of cards (4 of each number to a set).
3) Shuffle and distribute these cards.
4) Have students form groups based on their card number.
6) When reporting back, assign one suit to report, then change after a few reports. For example, start with diamonds reporting back, then after two or three brief reports, switch to hearts.