- Belcher, Wendy, Writing Your Journal Article in Twelve Weeks: A Guide to Academic Publishing Success (2009)
- Derricourt, Robin, An Author’s Guide to Scholarly Publishing (1996)
- Germano, William, Getting It Published, A Guide for Scholars and Anyone Else Serious about Serious Books (2001).
- Germano, William, From Dissertation to Book (2005).
- Harman, Eleanor, et al., The Thesis and The Book, A Guide for First-Time Academic Authors (2003)
- Kitchin, Rob and Duncan Fuller, The Academic’s Guide To Publishing (2005)
- Luey, Beth, Handbook for Academic Authors, 4th edition (1987).
- Luey, Beth edited by, Revising Your Dissertation, Advice from Leading Editors (PAW) (2004).
- Moxley, Joseph M., Todd Taylor, Writing & Publishing for Academic Authors, 2nd ed. (1997).
- Thyer, Bruce A., Successful Publishing in Scholarly Journals (PAW) (1994).
- Thompson, John B., Books in the Digital Age (2005)
- Waters, Lindsay, Enemies of Promise (PAW) (2004).
The Craft of Writing
- Alley, Michael, The Craft of Scientific Writing, Third Edition (1996).
- Booth, Wayne, Gregory Colomb, Joseph Williams, The Craft of Research (2003)
- Cook, Claire Kehrwald, Line by Line: How to Improve Your Own Writing. (1985).
- Cook, Claire Kehrwald, Line By Line: How to Edit Your Own Writing (1986).
- Drake, Susan M. & Glen A. Jones, Writing Your Way to Success (PAW) (1997).
- Rankin, Elizabeth, The Work of Writing: Insights and Strategies for Academics and Professionals (2002).
- Zinsser, William, On Writing Well: An Informal Guide to Writing Nonfiction vol. 5 (1994).
- Decker, Larry E. and Virginia Decker, Grantseeking: How to Find a Funder and Write a Winning Proposal (1993).
- Porter, Robert, Off the Launching Pad: Stimulating Proposal Development by Junior Faculty. The Journal of Research Adrninistration/Case Study, 35(1), pp. 6-11, 2004.
- Porter, Robert, What Do Grant Reviewers Really Want, Anyway? The Journal of Research Adrninistration/Case Study, 36(2), pp. 5-13, 2005.
Time Management & Writing
- Boice, Robert, Professors as Writers: A Self-Help Guide to Productive Writing. (1990)
- Silva, Paul, How to Write a Lot: A Practical Guide to Productive Academic Writing (2007)
- Single, Peg Boyd and Richard Reis, Demystifying Dissertation Writing (2009)
- Zerubavel, Eviatar, The Clockwork Muse, A practical guide to writing theses, dissertations, & books (PAW) (1999).